You might have noticed that lavender appears as a primary ingredient in several different products these days, from home essentials to skincare products. The question is, what is it that makes lavender products so special? Read on to find out.
The Benefits of Lavender
When it comes to lavender products, like lavender essential oil, lavender bath salts, and lavender bubble bath, it is not just the fact that they are trendy and luxurious that makes them stand out. It is the gorgeous, rich, soothing lavender aroma that really does the trick. Along with being safe to use, lavender products boast many unique benefits – hence the reason why lavender has been used in aromatherapy and herbal medicine for centuries.
A few of the most notable advantages of embracing the sweet smell of this flowering plant include:
- An improvement in the overall quality and health of your complexion: Some studies demonstrate that lavender products may have a positive impact on skin health. This is especially true when used by individuals who tend to suffer from acne, pimples, and blemishes, as well as by those who have particularly sensitive skin that is prone to redness. The reason for this is that lavender is known to possess powerful anti-bacterial properties which means that it can cleanse deeply, while still being exceptionally gentle and preventing dryness. Lavender stimulates healing and encourages relaxation.
- Better quality sleep: People who struggle with various sleep problems often report that the scent of lavender has a positive effect on their shuteye. Regardless of whether you have trouble falling asleep (insomnia) or you tend to experience broken sleep (waking up frequently throughout the night), lavender can make a significant difference for the better.
- Pain relief: Lavender has also been hailed for being a natural form of pain relief. Many athletes apply lavender essential oil directly onto their sore muscles or injuries to help alleviate the discomfort. Others will pour lavender essential oil in bath water and soak in the warmth and refreshing aroma for as long as possible for a similar effect. Having said that, athletes are not the only individuals who often turn to lavender for pain relief. Seniors who suffer from issues like arthritis and gout have also reported that lavender essential oil makes a huge difference in their ability to cope with the pain from day to day.
- Anti-aging effects: There is a reason why so many modern skincare products include lavender as the main ingredient. There is evidence to suggest that it has a noticeable anti-aging effect when applied regularly onto the skin. It prevents wrinkles, all the while providing your complexion with a hearty dose of antioxidants that effectively protect the skin from damaging free radicals.
- Combatting common skin conditions: There is evidence to suggest that lavender is soothing and gentle enough to help ease symptoms associated with numerous skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis. This is because it is known to speed up the rate of healing due to its ability to increase the synthesis of collagen in the skin.
- Stress relief: The scent of lavender is naturally uplifting, hence the reason why it has been used for centuries as a powerful solution for stress relief, anxiety, depression, and insomnia. There have been several relevant studies conducted in recent times, most of which support the idea that lavender helps to relieve stress. A great example of one of these studies is one that was published in the International Journal of Nursing Practice in 2013. The study focused on spraying a 3% lavender oil mixture directly onto the clothing of nurses who worked high-stress jobs. The study found that the lavender spray was effective in reducing work-related stress in the nursing professionals for a period of three to four days.
Sonoma Lavender Co. Leading Lavender Products
Here at Sonoma Lavender Co. we offer our customers a wide array of incredible lavender products. They include aromatic home accents, heatable spa products, and a diverse selection of lavender skincare essentials.
Infuse your home with the relaxing, inviting scent of lavender with our extensive range of lavender home accents. We currently offer hand-poured scented soy votive candles, lavender candles in decorative ceramic jars, lavender linen water, lavender room diffusers, and lavender-scented cuddle throws for your sofa or bed. Every single home accent has been lovingly handcrafted and is enriched with the aroma of your favorite flowering plant.
Heatable Spa Collection
Enjoy the luxury of spa at home with our heated collection. Let the scent of the highest quality lavender soothe your senses as the gentle weight of flaxseeds help to relieve tension with moist warmth. Use yours hot or cool whenever you need to take a moment to relax and unwind. Our lavender heatable spa products are undoubtedly one of the most popular collections available from Sonoma Lavender Co.
Our collection comprises of:
- Heat pillows
- Heat wraps
- Heated slippers
- Heated eye masks
- Heated booties
- Heated mittens
- Heated blankets
- Heated bolster rolls
All of these products can be effortlessly warmed up in the microwave or tumble dryer. There is also the option to chill them instead by placing them inside the freezer for half an hour. It all depends on your preferences and what the weather looks like on any given day!
When your lavender heatable spa products get dirty, you can simply pull the cover off and wash it in the washing machine as you would any other item. Easy and entirely fuss-free.
Heatable Lavender Animals
Lovingly hand-filled with the highest quality of lavender and flaxseed in Sonoma, California, our perfect bedtime companions help provide relaxation and restful sleep with warmth, soothing and comforting lavender scent. Our very popular animals loved by both young and old, can be heated or chilled, and to clean, simply remove the lavender insert, put in the laundry machine and your animal is clean and ready to warm you again! Easy and entirely fuss-free. Sonoma Lavender Co animals are warm, huggable and comforting with soothing lavender scent. Not suitable for children under the age of 2 years.
Pure lavender goodness, the fresh scent of lavender is calming and relaxing, great for a restful sleep, for the mind and spirit, lavender balances, strengthens and refreshes.
Anything that you can think of with which to pamper yourself, we have in stock. Splurge on lavender bubble bath, lavender bath salts, lavender body lotion, lavender shower gel, lavender essential oil, lavender hand crème, lavender foot balm, lavender and olive oil infused soap bars, lavender guest soap, and more. All of our bath and body skincare essentials are made using lavender as the primary ingredient with many other luxurious additions, such as invigorating peppermint, indulgent mango seed butter, and a pamper-worthy dose of Vitamin E for maximum softness. Giving your skin a youthful, radiant, and revitalized feel so that you can tackle your daily chores again. No dry skin, pure goodness, no parabens, no sulfates and nasties, just pure lavender goodness!
Be sure to contact us today for more information regarding our beautiful lavender products or to place your order. We are always on hand should you have any questions about our ever-growing range of aromatic must-haves.
Sonoma Lavender Co, handcrafted in Sonoma, California!